Monday, October 18, 2010

Meghan Lenczyk.....Friendships through UVA Soccer

Over my four years of playing UVA women’s soccer I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the aspects of being 
on the team, but one of the most enjoyable and memorable parts of my experience with soccer is the friendships I’ve made. I feel like our team is a very close knit group and everyone gets along pretty well. Although we are all different ages and come from different backgrounds we have one thing in common, and that is soccer. I believe that I am close with pretty much everyone on the team, but by far the girls that I am the closest with are the girls in my class (4th years!). We have been through 4 years of some of the most intense but rewarding soccer together and have also become extremely close off of the field. I believe that soccer has really bonded our senior class, and although it has been tough at times we all have gotten through it together, and this has brought us closer. The friendships I have made through this team are friendships that will last me a lifetime (our class has already planned to live in a retirement home in Michigan so we can still be at preseason every year.) Although our class is very close we are also friends with all of the younger girls on the team, and many of these friendships will last beyond our years at UVA as well. One of the most important lessons I have learned through playing UVA women’s soccer is that, although college soccer only lasts 4 years (6 years if you are chantel haha), the friendships that are made through it last forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment