Saturday, October 9, 2010

A week in the life of Colleen Flanagan... Leading up to the Maryland/Boston College Games

Hello Friends,
I Hope this post let's you in on my life as a UVA Student- Athlete.
Throughout my week I get up at 8:30. This gives me plenty of rest for my busy days. Mondays and Wednesdays I have class from 9-11 and on Tuesday and Thursday I have class from 9:30 to 12:30. After the morning classes are over I normally come back to my apartment and eat lunch. One of my favorite's is a turkey and cheese sandwich.  Tuesday is the only day that I have class in the afternoon so I have to run and catch the bus so I'll be on time for practice.  Practice was really intense in the beginning of the week.  We were trying to get ready for the big weekend coming up.  We focused on switching the point of attack and did a lot of functional training.  We even did a circuit lift on Monday that was really tough and made me sore all week.  Wednesday's practice was light because it was our final practice before the Maryland game. We went over the scouting report and did some passing drills in a circle which is Steve's favorite pregame practice. After practice the team had dinner together at JPJ and then we loaded the bus for Maryland.  On the bus we watched 'Letter to Juliet'.  We lost on Thursday in a close, rain soaked game.  It was a disappointing loss for us and I still can't believe how much it rained that day.  We came back home to UVa and had practice on Friday and Saturday to get us focused for our next opponent: BC.  Sunday's game went much better for us, we beat BC in overtime who was ranked #1 in the ACC and in the country at the time.  The week started off pretty hard but all that hard work paid off on Sunday!  
I hope to see all of you at our remaining home games! 
Colleen  

No comments:

Post a Comment